- Marine silicone
- 8×10 frames (you just need the glass)
- Metal or concrete planter box 8×8 with a lip (to sit the glass on)
- River rock or fireglass rocks
- Kitchen gel or sterno fuel
- Sturdy metal mesh
- Wire cutter
1. First make your glass box that will sit on top of your planter. To do that, use the marine silicone and bead it down the side of one of the ends of the glass.
2. Repeat that step for all sides until you have all four sides done. Let it sit to dry (dry time will vary depending on the type of silicone you use so follow manufacturers recommendation).
3. Add the sterno/gel flame to the box in the middle.
4. Cut the mesh with wire cutters to fit over the top of the planter.
5. Insert the mesh on the planter.
6. Add rocks, making sure to leave a hole in the middle for your flame.
7. Light your gel flame, sit back, relax and admire your table-top fire pit for a fraction of the cost!
1. When making the glass box in the beginning, it’s best to set up books (or anything) that will hold your glass in place while it dries.
2. Stay away from wood boxes since they could be flammable. Concrete or metal is the best way to go.
Simple. Stylish & super easy. The best part is I did all my shopping with Amazon online … I didn’t even have to leave the house. Missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY