To celebrate spring I am catching the light and reflecting it with my whimsical Springtime Suncatchers. These are so pretty and a super fun and really cathartic DIY once you get into the rhythm. It does take a little time and patience but the end result is worth those hours spent crafting and watching your favourite Hallmark Movies. Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- Metal hoop
- Copper Wire (a couple different sizes)
- Bicone Crystals
- Bigger Crystals
- Jewelry pliers
1. First take your copper wire & decide where you want to start your design to hang your big crystal in the hoop.
2. String through your big crystal & let it hang.
3. Then it’s time to start on your tree.
4. Take your wire & wrap around the bottom & start to work up, branching out into other branches. Add on layers of wiring on top of your original wire to give it a nice texture.
5. While you work your way up string the crystals onto the wire. For the crystals or gems that don’t have a hole to poke through just wrap the wire around the gem tightly.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!