Easter is just around the corner and our preparations are well underway. This year for Easter we decided to make a big statement at the Home & Family house with some cute oversized outdoor decor. Give your front yard a little Easter magic for the kiddo’s … or maybe just for you, If you are a big kid yourself! Here is how to get started.
You Will Need:
- ¼ inch plywood (size of board depends on how big you want décor to be)
- White and Colorful Paint
- Paint brush
- L bracket
- 1×3 wood
- Drill & screws
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Wood glue
1. Draw a carrot or Easter egg on desired size plywood.
2. Use a jigsaw to cut out the shape you drew out.
3. Paint your carrot or Easter egg white and allow to dry.
4. Paint over white paint with colorful paint.
5. For carrot: After painting orange and green, go back in with a brown and add detailin.g
6. For Easter egg: Paint entire egg one base color. Go back in and use painter’s tape to create unique patterns. Once paint dries remove tape.
7. Create and “L” shape with two pieces of wood and use and L bracket to secure with screw.
high, your wood would be 24” high.
8. Attach décor to stand using wood glue and hot glue.
9. Display décor for an epic scavenger hunt or any Easter occasion!
- Once you have created your design, remove uneven tape with and X-ACTO knife to create straight lines.
- Make sure the height of your wood is half the length of your décor so that it will be able to support it. So if your egg is 48”.
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!