Nothing says winter holidays like a Hot Cocoa Bar. Whether you’re entertaining a large party or just a small family get-together, the Hot Cocoa Bar is always a hit and gives the perfect moments to gather around together, sip hot goodness and share stories and laughter with your loved ones. Here is how to get started!
You Will Need:
- 6 Wood Planter Boxes
- 2 Pieces Scrap Wood (cut to the same length as planter boxes)
- 8 pieces of Balsa Wood (cut to the same width as the planter boxes and scrap piece of wood)
- Paint (whatever paint to match your planter boxes)
- Paint Brush or Cloth
- Hot glue
- Clear jars & glasses
- Tag Maker
1. Optional: paint balsa wood and scrap wood to match planter boxes. Let dry.
2. Glue a piece of balsa wood to each side of board. Repeat on second board. This will be the first level.
3. Glue a piece of balsa wood to each side of planter box. Repeat on second box (make sure boxes are upside down). This will be the second layer.
4. For top layer glue two planter boxes to each other, making sure the top planter box is upside down.
5. Now add your goodies! On our top layer we put the main ingredients like cocoa powder, marshmallows, and straws. On the second layer we put our syrups (Toffee, French Vanilla, Salted Caramel) and powdered toppings (powdered sugar, cinnamon, and French vanilla). On the last level we put our toppings (crushed Oreos cookies, crushed peppermints, shaved coconut, and chocolate chips).
6. Once you have all your goodies out, it’s time to label them! To label them, use cardstock and your tag maker. Place the card stock in the tag maker and press down. Use the tag maker to puncture a hole on each side of the label. Write your label and secure it around each glass jar with twine.
7. Viola! Enjoy your hot cocoa bar!
Do you have a great DIY to keep you and your guests warm this winterfest? We want to you to share them with us! Make sure you follow & tag us on Instagram and Twitter @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYhomeandfamily and we will share some of our favorites!
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!