Today I am going to show you how to take an ordinary door and turn it into a handy shelf for your home. Here’s how to get started!
You Will Need:
- 1×2 wood pieces
- Circular saw
- Screw gun
- L brackets
- 1 5/8 drywall screws
- Drywall anchors
- Fake vintage door knob (optional)
1. Mark a center measurement for top, middle, & bottom. Then pencil in a line down middle of door to make sure that your cut is straight.
2. Saw down the middle of door along penciled line with the circular saw.
3. Use wood glue down side of door and place doors together to be attached.
4. Screw in L-Brackets down the back side of the door (Use about 3 or more).
5. Measure the length of inside door for shelf supports.
6. Cut your measurement from 1×2 wood .
7. Wood glue shelf supports & attach to door with 1 5/8 drywall screws.
8. Time to paint it. Water down your paint a little bite & paint on the shelf.
9. Take some dark color & with a cloth distress the edges with the dark paint.
10. Once dry, decorate! Add a fake door knob for decoration with screws.
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY