Sometime’s the simplest thing to do on Valentine’s Day is to say “I love you” and what better way to do that then to write it down on these DIY Chalkboard Notepads.
- Wood Plaque
- Chalkboard Paint/Spray Paint
- Painter’s Tape
- Wood Shims or Craft Wood Blocks
- Leather Strip or Scraps
- Thumb Tacks
- Hot Glue
- Needle Nose Pliers
1. Use the painter’s tape to make a border on the plaque around the area you want to paint with chalk.
2. Paint or spray paint the chalkboard paint onto plaque.
3. Cut a strip of leather, roughly 1 inch by 3 inches.
4. Wrap and hot glue the ends of the leather around the side of the plaque, leaving an open loop for the chalk to fit.
5. Position two thumb tacks as “buttons” onto the leather and hammer them into the plaque using the needle nose pliers so that you don’t break a nail. (These are cosmetic)
6. Cut craft wood blocks in half at diagonal. (Optional: Glue together shims until you reach the desired height of your notepad)
7. Glue diagonal block onto the back of the chalkboard plaque.
If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here. Tell us what you think in the comments below and remember we want to see your Festive Holiday DIY’s on Instagram so follow @PaigeHemmis #PaigeDIY