In our busy world, we are going, going, going and never really take time for ourselves. If you are anything like me, you take care of everyone else before you take care of yourself. But a very wise woman once told me (my mama) that if I don’t take care of myself, I won’t be able to take care of everyone else. With that in mind…a girl needs to relax!
I love to take a hot bubble bath and relax, but I must say that I wish I could install a TV in my bathroom to put on a good chick flick and relax, or have a place that I could read a book, or even indulge in a little snack! A bath tray is the answer! I’d love to have a bath tray for all these things, but my tub is an oval shape and it’s really difficult finding a bath tray that will fit, and finding one that is sturdy enough to hold a book or ipad is near impossible so, I created one, and you can too!
- 1”x5” piece of wood cut to the following lengths: 2 pieces at 42” long and 8 pieces at 14” long
- 32 ¾” drywall or wood screws
- Wood glue
- Paint (semi-gloss or high gloss)
- Paint brush
- Tape measure
1. Measure the size of your tub – make sure to get the widest part of the tub if yours is oval like mine.
2. Take the longer pieces and lay them on a flat surface about 3” apart.
3. Take the smaller pieces and lay them perpendicularly on top of the long pieces and space them out equally. You can eye-ball this. Take a pencil and mark where you would like each board.
4. Use wood glue to set the boards in place.
5. Secure the wood pieces with screws.
6. Paint the color you would like.
7. Voila! Take a load off…take a bath…relax!
Have you got a DIY for pure relaxation and indulgence? Share with us in the comments below and remember we want to see your DIY’s on Instagram and Twitter so make sure you follow @paigehemmis & hashtag #DIYfenshui #DIYplay
If you missed the episode check it out by heading over to Home & Family!